One of eight important tasks of achieving the set economic growth target for 2006 is speeding up production in coordination with practising thrift, reducing management and production costs and improving products’ competitiveness.
Prime Minister Phan Van Khai asked ministries, heads of ministerial-level agencies, directors of Government agencies, chairmen of provincial and municipal People’s Committees, presidents of management boards, and directors general of economic groups and State-owned corporations to implement the National Assembly’s resolution on tasks for 2006.
In a telegram sent to them on April 13, the Prime Minister analysed the strong and weak performances in the first quarter of this year. To achieve the economic growth target of 8 percent set for 2006, Prime Minister urged ministries and sectors to focus on the following eight important tasks:
- Speeding up production in coordination with practising thrift, reducing management and production costs and improving products’ competitiveness;
- Removing difficulties and obstacles, encouraging and creating favourable conditions for enterprises to do business and invest in potential sectors capable of achieving high production efficiency;
- Implementing measures to boost exports and encourage production activities. The Ministry of Trade in coordination with relevant ministries, organisations, and provincial and municipal People’s Committees identify products of high export value, seek and expand markets and simplify procedures to boost exports;
- Implementing comprehensive measures against price hikes in the near future;
- Implementing economic solutions for controlling and managing domestic prices to stabilise the domestic market, actively forecast and prevent price fluctuations from badly affecting production and people’s lives;
- Regulating investment management, budget spending and management and State investment credit;
- Strengthening supervision and inspection of investment projects, especially big projects and projects which are likely to start operation in 2006;
- Fostering anti-corruption, thrift practice and waste elimination work;
According to the telegram, strict inspection will be conducted on key construction and irrigation projects of ministries, sectors and localities using large amounts of the State budget and foreign loans. Organisations and individuals involved in the inspection work must co-ordinate closely with ministries, sectors and localities to ensure that the work will not affect the implementation of the projects.
Prime Minister Phan Van Khai also asked ministries, ministerial-level agencies and Government agencies to hasten the formulation of draft laws and ordinances and instructions to ensure the approved legal documents will be translated into reality.
He also asked ministries, sectors, localities and businesses to take action to tackle denunciations and complaints as soon as they arise so as to avoid negative impact on production and social life.
Ministries, sectors, localities, mass organisations, economic groups and State corporations were requested to work out specific plans to implement the telegram and report results to the Ministry of Planning and Investment to sum up and submit its solutions to the Prime Minister.
Communist Party of Vietnam - (17/04/2006)